New homes or home owners looking to make an update in clarity to their property lines will have a few ways to really mark off specific areas and sizes while also looking great. Enter, custom build fences and also great looking and functional estate gates. Now, depending on the size of your property, you’ll want to consider the different options available to you, here we’ll look at those options.
Custom Fence Varieties
Fencing does more than just mark property lines, it is also a great way to really turn your home into an enclosed unit. There can be a few different reasons to do this, one of the most important and popular is to prevent your children from straying too far from home and when it comes to pets, keeping your dogs safe and close to home as well. Chain link fences that are cheap and were popular in the 1970’s are more for tennis courts and high school baseball fields than for homes today.
Consider your options:
- Natural Stone Fencing – these custom hand built fences are beautifully rustic, and can withstand all manner of weather that we see here in the north east.
- Synthetic Fencing – these varieties can come in varying shapes, sizes, and colors and offer a great looking and cost effective way to enclose your property while keeping it customized.
- Wood – traditional and natural, wood has always been used for fencing. Today though, the quality and type of wood is important, go for something sturdy and properly finished.
- Composite Material – this fencing varietal is sturdy and is composed of layered materials. It can withstand harsh weather and typically has a life time guarantee.
- Picket Fencing – this traditional look produced typically of wood is humble and majestic. It can also be painted in any color that you prefer.
There are other varieties to choose from, but typically most home owners will go with one of these popular options listed above. You can always consult with your local landscaping contractor for a quote and to figure out what look and material best fits your home and its needs.
Estate Gate Options
Estate gates are majestic and offer an added layer of security for home owners. If you’re considering one, you’ll want to look at the different options when it comes to materials and control systems. These control system choices include:
- Infrared Sensors – where the gate opens automatically when you are approaching or leaving.
- Keypads – this is a common variety where you’ll enter a code and open the gate when entering.
- Voice/Video intercoms – are great for security and also seeing who has approached your gate for access or deliveries.
- Transmitters and receivers – similar to garage door openers these can be pressed to open the gates or close them.
- Manual Gates – these will require someone or yourself manually opening the gate (not convenient in weather)
- Gate Timers – these will automatically open and close at times that you personally set. For example, if you leave at 5am every day for work, the gate can open at 4:59am every day.
Affordability of Gates and Fences
When people see an estate gate and beautiful custom built estate fence, they often think of a huge price tag associated with the construction. But this is far from the truth. With today’s technology and access to a varying range of materials, gates and fences do not have to be reserved for the extremely wealthy alone. Be sure to do some research but really get out there and ask a few local landscape design contractors, what options you have within your set budget. You may be surprised how affordable a modern day estate gate and fence is.
For the best in Estate Gates Fencing Rockland NY, look no further than over 30 years of local landscaping expertise right here at Pro Cut Landscaping. 845-772-8815