Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Despite the cold on and off, we’re seeing signs that warmer weather is on its way and with spring just around the corner, that is something we all can welcome. If you’re a home owner or a business owner, its time to start thinking about updates to your landscape design for this spring.
1. Walk The Property
Its time to get out into the yard and see what damage the winter has done. Are any fence or gate portions in need of repair or replacement? Do you have any perennials or other plant varieties that need help? How does the lawn look, is it drained of water and snow? Any noticeable damage to any retaining walls or patio pavers on your property? Just a few things to look for.
2. Making A Plan Of Action
Here is a good place to lay out a path and outline of what project you’ll need to prioritize. For example, if a retaining wall is at risk of toppling (you may have used a under par landscaper for that installation), but that means there is opportunity for a new and improved professionally designed retaining wall. If there are major portions of grass, soil, or mulch that have moved or disappeared, that will be something to prioritize as well.
3. Hiring A Landscaper
Most larger scale projects will need the expertise and skill sets of a professional landscaping service. The right team will have all the know how and experience when it comes to making plans and then implementing those plans on schedule and within budget. Be sure you’re asking the right questions and be sure to get a free estimate for larger scale projects.
For the finest in Landscape Design Rockland County NY look no further than 30+ years of local expertise, right here at ProCutLandscaping.com 845-727-8815
With the recent tropical storm/hurricane heading out to sea, clearer weather has arrived, and it’s time to enjoy the rest of the summer in your home landscape. There are many different varieties that home owners utilize as far as designs and themes are concerned, and if you’re looking to make some changes you’ll want to keep a few things in mind.
1. Do you have the space?
A simple enough question to ask yourself is whether or not your home and yard has enough space to complete the project you have in mind. All designs and plans should be developed around your current landscape, so don’t stray too far from what will work.
2. Will the design match the decor of your home?
Another common misconception is that extravagance is a plus when designing your new landscape. Now, while this may be the case, you want to really consider designs and themes that will both look good but also match the current atmosphere of your home’s architecture and layout.
3. Contact a local landscape contractor.
No matter which route you decide to go, it is critical to contact some local landscaping professionals who can assist from as early on as planning all the way through to actual working on the project. They have the tools and experience to help you plan and take action.
Summer is nearly over and it is critical to do your own research into designs, themes, and even local contractors that you prefer when considering a project of this kind. If you’re looking for the finest Landscaping Rockland County NY, look no further than 25 year local expert, ProCutLandscaping.com 845-727-8815
It has been a mild winter thus far, relatively speaking, and although we’re most likely due for more harsh winter weather and snow before spring officially arrives, now is a great time to start thinking about changes and improvements to your home landscaping this 2016. Here we’ll look at the most notable local services you may be considering.
1. Estate Gates and Privacy Fences
Here is where you can really complete the look and feel of the entrance to your families home and a personal touch to the neighborhood. By utilizing either automatic or manual gate and fencing options you can create an atmosphere of prestige, exclusivity, or just good old fashion pride in your home. Also, by adding fencing you are able to increase relative security if your home, mark property lines, and keep any dogs or pets from running astray.
2. Retaining Walls
Does your property have a retaining wall that has been damaged by years of harsh rain and snow? Are you looking to enclose a wall section or garden area on your property? By installing a new professionally designed and perfectly crafted retaining wall you can add color, depth, and strength to your grass and yard areas. Choose from a wide range of stone materials, concrete options, and others.
3. Getting The Right Help
Many landscaping projects can be done one your own, like leaf raking and lawn mowing, but when it comes to larger scale projects that involve careful planning, machinery, and experience, knowing who to hire can make all the difference in getting the best bang for your buck. Be sure to ask around and see other examples of a landscape contractors recent work, after all the more information you have the better off you’ll be when it comes time to move forward.
Looking for the finest landscape design team in the area? Look no further than Professional Landscape Services Rockland New York right here at Pro Cut Landscaping. Proudly serving the region for nearly 30 years. 845-727-8815
Summer is nearly officially over, with the days getting shorter + colder and everyone back to school, it’s time to start considering different landscaping options you’ll have this fall and winter. Even if you don’t want to think about the cold weather that is on it’s way, you should consider it in terms of your home or commercial landscaping and what may need to get completed before winter arrives.
1. Fall Services
From grass cutting to the clearing of leaves, every landscape needs to be prepared for the winter that will undoubtedly arrive cold and swiftly this year. If you don’t have the time or your yard is very large, hiring a professional service to do all the leaf clean-up and other winterization services is a great option. This will not only save you time but a great deal of effort as lawns left to the mercy of the weather will see massive amounts of work being created as we get closer to winter.
2. Irrigation Systems
Winterizing your irrigation system is an absolute must, and is one of the most important aspects to ensuring your system lasts a long time. This should be done professionally as there is more to it than simply clearing water and turning off timers. Having a professional irrigation system team ensure that your system is truly ready for the cold of the fall and winter should be labeled as a priority for your landscaping checklist this fall. Knowing what to do, how to do it, and when is critical to keeping your system safe over the winter.
3. Snow & Ice Management
That’s right, whether we want to think about it or not snow and ice are on the way! We’ve had predictions that this years winter will be as bad or worse than last years seemingly never ending winter of snow and ice. This means that if you’ve not already hired your professional snow removal contractor, now is the time to start considering your options.
Fall is nearly hear and before we know it we’ll be in the cold of winter. For all the options available to you this cold season and for the best in Fall Landscaping Maintenance Rockland County NY, look no further than Pro Cut Landscaping. 845-727-8815
As we’ve seen throughout the past few weeks, winter can be brutally cold, wet, and dangerous. Owning a business or managing a commercial space means paying attention to the weather carefully in order to prepare your location for the worst winter can throw at you. Here we’ll look at the most important reasons why a professional commercial ice management team is a must hire.
Not only can it be a liability insurance nightmare, but more importantly, you want to ensure to the best of your ability that your commercial space is safe. Safe for you, your employees, clients, and potential customers. This means (depending on the size of your space) professional ice management and snow removal services that can be counted on throughout the cold and dangerous winter months.
2. Keeping Doors Open
If your business cannot open or is inaccessible, essentially your doors are closed and you cannot operate normally. This can mean missed payments, lost revenue, wasted hours, and money that could’ve been earned as opposed to lost. Making sure your business is accessible and safe is a must throughout the winter months, be sure to get a professional winter weather service on board to help keep your doors open.
3. Making The Right Choice
There is a number of different snow removal and ice management companies who operate in our local area, but you want to be sure you’re hiring the right contractor. How big is there winter fleet? How long have they been in business? When can you expect clean-up when a storm hits? What are the costs involved? Just a few things to keep in mind and get answers to before you hire anyone.
Despite the fact that we’re almost through January, winter is far from over so don’t get too excited yet! With more freezing temperatures ongoing and even more snow and ice forecasted in the coming weeks, be sure that you’re Commercial Ice Management Rockland County NY is taken care of properly. 845-727-8815
Landscape lighting can be the key element to any distinctive landscape. However, many people fail to do a little careful planning before they attempt an installation. There are a couple of things you can do to help make your landscape lighting project easier and last longer.
1. Find the source of power (electrical outlet) and make sure the outlet has sufficient power for the transformer you will be using. The outlet also needs to have a weather proof cover.
2. Measure the length in feet from the furthest light to the transformer, this will help you determine what gauge wire should be used and how many volts you should connect to it. If your longest run is over 300′ you may want to consider using LED lights which use less power or having an electrician install another outlet for another transformer closer to the fixtures. It is very important to use a multi-meter when finalizing your connections, landscape lights work on 12v electricity, so it is imperative that each light is reading no less than 10.7 volts and no more than 12.3volts. Too much or not enough electricity can cause a failure in the light fixture as well as the wire.
3. Count the number of fixtures you are planning to install before you choose a transformer. Most transformers are available in 300, 600, 900 and 1200 watt configurations. For example, if you are installing 20 – 25watt fixtures, you know you will need a transformer with at least 500 watts of output. However, we do recommend that you leave at least 25% open, for example, if you are using a 600 watt transformer, you should only connect 450watts worth of fixtures to it, this will prolong the life of the transformer as well as the wire and fixtures.
4. Make sure you are using direct burial underground rate wire nuts. This is imperative. Since the wires will be buried in dirt and mulch you want to make sure that you are not getting any moisture in the electrical connections, this can cause a fixture and wire to go bad. If you are installing a wire under a driveway, walkway or any other hard surface it is highly recommended that you install the wire using an electrical conduit in the event that an additional wire needs to be installed or replaced.
5. Choose the right brand of lights, transformer and wire. We strongly advise against any low-end home-depot style lighting system. Many people chose the cheapest brand for their installation and wonder they the lights only last a few years. A good landscape light fixture is around $125 each and a good transformer can start at $300-$500. Don’t use a low quality lighting system, you will be sorry you did. Also, LED lighting is now coming down in price, these fixtures use a lot less electricity, allowing more lights per transformer and less wire used, saving on material and labor, however, the fixtures are about 20% more expensive than standard halogen fixtures.
If you are looking for the right contractor to install your landscape lighting system in rockland county ny please call Pro Cut Landscaping, Inc. at 845-727-8815.
Welcome to the Pro Cut landscaping design and service idea blog designed to bring you insight and understanding into landscape ideas for your home or business. With so many different options available to you as a home owner, making the right choice when looking to improve your home’s exterior decor can be taxing and time consuming.
We aim to:
1. Provide valuable information to help you build a better understanding of what actually goes into landscaping, as in, materials, tools, risks, rewards, ideas, strategies, and more.
2. Provide clear direction when you’ve decided to design or re-design your current landscape.
3. Provide the highest level of service and support anytime we’re on board for your project.
There are a lot of different landscaping services in Rockland NY and Bergen NJ, but only Pro Cut Landscaping has been servicing the region for over 25 years with personalized expertise brought to all the work we do.
If you’re looking for landscaping Rockland NY, look no further and contact us today for a free consultation.