Archive for the ‘Landscape Contractor Rockland County NY’ Category
This has been one of the rainiest May and June in recent memory and that means everything will be lush, green, and thriving once we get consistent sun. Even now, many home owners have seen how quickly their grass is growing, and as it’s been so rainy you may be slightly delayed in starting some updates to your home landscaping design. Especially when the other day’s lows were night time temperatures below 40 degrees, head to the drawing board and make a list of your highest, regular, and lowest priorities.
Creating A Prioritized List
Considering how you left things last summer and fall, you may or may not have a good idea of the sort of work you’d like to complete this 2019 season. So, it’s a great idea to create a list that prioritizes different projects from high priority to low priority. Here we’ll look at an example home owners landscaping priority list.
Example: Jim S. – homeowner in New City, NY with a sizable property, desires to pick up where last year was left and get to as many items as possible before the fall. Jim wants to make a prioritized list before he talks to a landscaping design contractor here in Rockland County NY.
- Outdoor Kitchen in time for son’s high school graduation party – as the school year has about 6 weeks to go, this is a high priority in terms of time allowed. Now, if meeting the party date is not important this can be moved below #2.
- Irrigation system has been damaged over the harsh winter and is not bringing water properly, the water pools and over saturates some areas while providing no water to other areas of the lawn and gardens. This must be address as a high priority to fix the water lines and repair the automated sprinkler system.
- Re-Mulching All Areas – this will be high because it should be done very early in the season as all other landscaping design changes involving plants and trim will require this to be completed. Therefore, it is a high priority.
- Lawn Mowing & Bush Pruning – this is something that needs to be done on a regular basis (mowing) and possibly even more than once a week (consider the rain right now), while bush pruning typically can be done once or maybe twice a season depending on the species. However, because mowing must be done regularly it will be a medium priority and not something that can be put off.
- Retaining Wall Repair – the retaining wall in the back yard was damaged this winter but has not fallen over or collapsed. There is visible damage but the structure is more or less stable. This would be a good project to have a professional landscape company tackle after or at the same time as the top priority work is being done.
- Water Feature and Coy Pond – if the projects listed above have not been completed it may not be the best idea to go straight for something that although is very aesthetically pleasing for a home landscape design, is unessential for other aspects. Therefore this is a low priority.
- Changing plant varieties – if the plants, brushes, and trees from last year are not damaged and you’re simply looking to make a change in the look of the property, changing the different plants and tress is a great idea. However, considering the previous species are ok and living this would be a low priority.
From this example person’s checklist we can get a great idea of how to prioritize different home landscaping projects you’re looking to see done this year. Of course your own individual list may look similar or it may look very different in terms of the projects and the priorities given. Talk with your husband or wife, your children, and other members of the household and get input to make it a total family decision. That way everyone can be happy about the changes you’re making and feel like they’ve had a say, yes even the kids will appreciate this.
For the best in Landscaping Design Contractors Rockland NY, look no further than 30+ years of local expertise right here at Pro Cut Landscaping. Proudly serving our neighbors for three decades. Take advantage of early season pricing and free consultations no matter the size and scope of your project. 845-724-8815
If you have an upcoming landscape project in mind or already planned, you will have a lot of options as far as choosing a professional local landscape contractor to ensure your job goes off without at hitch. Often time landscaping can require specialized tools and skills which make it unreasonable to complete a project on your own. Here is a few pointers to help you choose the right contractor.
1. Valid Insurance
It goes without saying that using power tools like stone cutters and pavers involve some risk. For that reason you want to be 100% positive that any prospective landscaping service you are considering has valid and up to date insurance.
2. Get An Estimate
Most reputable landscapers will be happy to help you in the planning stage of your project and will almost always be willing to provide a free project estimate. Depending on the size and scope of your desired goals, it makes sense to get an estimate from more than a single contractor to compare costs, quality of work, and estimated time for completion.
3. Time Serving Your Area
You most likely want to do your research and find a landscaping service that has been in business in your local area for more than a few years. Having a longer period serving your area proves that they can be trusted, have a high quality of work, and are a legitimate and reputable business. Any contractor with less than a few years experience should be put into question.
Even if you’re trying to get in a project before the harshness of winter, don’t rush into anything without doing a little research. You can ask around in your local area or use a search engine like Google to find the best landscape company in your area. If you are looking for Landscape Contractor Rockland County NY, look no further than 25+ year of local expertise with Pro Cut Landscaping. 845-727-8815
If you’re planning an upcoming home or commercial landscaping project, you’ll be faced with a wide range of options to choose from, not only in planning and work load, but also all the way down to who to hire for the work itself. In our area there are hundreds of different landscape contractors, not all of which are created equal, so here we’ll look at a few tips to consider before signing any paperwork.
If you’re looking for more than just lawn care and maintenance, you’ll want to look closely at the specializations any potential landscaping company is capable of. For example, if you’re looking for a new bluestone paver patio, you’ll want to ensure that not only is the contractor familiar with the materials and procedures, but can also give you some past examples of their work. Other specializations include things like: irrigation systems, walkways, drainage systems, estate gates, fences, and more.
2. Size Of Company
This may not be the first thing you consider but it can be a pretty important factor. If you are looking for regular lawn care or for a lengthy project, the size of a company will have a direct effect on the time frame for work completion. Consider a paver patio installation, this requires heavy lifting, special machinery, and a skilled team of a few or more to get done right the first time and on time. The smaller a company the less likely they can be available on short notice should you need immediate assistance.
3. Local Portfolio
One of the most important things to consider before hiring any contractor is the size and scope of their local portfolio. Seeing past examples of work can not only help you choose designs or layouts, but also gives you a great idea of the quality of work you can expect as well as the time a company has been in business. If there are few examples to see or none at all, you should seriously consider looking elsewhere for all of your home and commercial landscaping needs.
Landscaping doesn’t have to be overly complicated or time consuming when looking to find a well qualified local service provider. For the finest Landscape Contractor Rockland County NY, look no further than over 25 years of local expertise at Pro Cut Landscaping. 845-727-8815
Summer is here tomorrow! So, when planning renovations or updates to your home’s landscaping, you’ll want to keep function at the forefront of your mind along with what looks good. Now that warm weather has begun to arrive its time to start thinking about what you’re looking to get done over the next few months.
Walkways & Paths
One options that provides a great amount of potential for customization and function is a new walkway or path. Tired of having no path from your back porch to your pool? Looking to connect different portions of your landscape design? A new walkway give you the freedom to not only choose a specific design or direction, but also what materials are being used and how the set up is designed and installed.
Many home owners who may not own a pool may still have the desire to have a connection to water via a coy pond, cascading waterfall, or some other feature. These not only look great but can really bring a home landscape together with a level of customization and specificity that you set personally. Not sure if a design will work at your property or not? Ask your local expert for advice.
Mulching and Perennials
One of the most important and final pieces to consider when going over your landscape design options is the types of plants, trees, and mulch or top soil you’re utilizing. Differences in species for seasons or perennials make a great addition and really bring a lot of color to your landscaping. Choosing the right mulch doesn’t have to be difficult either, so ask your local landscaping expert for help in choosing the right type for your plants.
Summer is finally here and we’re getting into the busy season for landscape contractors, if you have an idea in mind or are not quite sure yet what you’d like to see done this year, don’t hesitate to look online and ask for help if you need it. For the best Landscape Contractor Rockland County NY, look no further than 25+ years of local expertise right here at Pro Cut Landscaping. 845-727-8815